Enrolling to watch a GoToWebcast (GWTC) on a mobile device:
- To join and watch a VETgirl online veterinary CE GoToWebcast (GWTC) webinar from a mobile device, you must have a Smartphone (G4) or WiFi connection to the Internet. Please make sure to close out of all Internet-sucking things like Dropbox, multiple tabs open, your kids surfing on YouTube while you're watching the webinar, etc.
- Joining and watching a GWTC presentation is like joining a website.
- There are no mobile apps for GWTC: Joining a GTWC is a web experience (no download necessary!).
- When logged in as a VETgirl member, you will click on the pink "Register Here" button" to register for the webinar.
- After clicking on the "Register Here" button, a web page will request the VETgirl member to enter their personal information for the specific webinar.
- Fill out the information and click the “Submit” button.
- You will then be either asked to join the event, or be asked to return at a time closer to the event start time.
- Following successful webinar registration, you'll receive a confirmation email from GTWC; if you don't receive this immediately, you didn't register for the webinar correctly!
Attending a GoToWebcast on a mobile device:
- GTWC events are optimized for iPads, Android tablets and MS Surface, in the sense that the viewer will have access to all features, including Q&A, resource download, resources tabs and responding to in session surveys.
- Because of limited viewing area, attendees joining on iPhones and Android phones will see the media prioritized.
- There are some iOS limitations as well: iOS does not allow for the instant playback of video clips, even during a live event. iOS attendees must click on a “play” button to accept the viewing of any video clip streamed during a live or archived GoToWebcast. Seriously - please press the play button!
- Upon the conclusion of the video clip playback, the viewer will be switch back to the webcam view automatically.
- Android and MS Surface attendees will not be required to click on a “play” button to see a video clip - only us Apple types...
- There are no “minimum requirements” for mobile devices. WiFi and G4 internet connections are needed. That said, please make sure to close out of all Internet-sucking things like Dropbox, multiple tabs open, your kids surfing on YouTube while you're watching the webinar, etc. Otherwise your sound and playback won't work well!