About to see a cold, flat, hypotensive cat? Feline emergencies freak you out?
Join us for a 1.5-hour, VETgirl online veterinary continuing education webinar with emergency guru, Dr. Kenneth Drobatz, MS, DACVIM, DACVECC. In this lecture, Dr. Drobatz will review the basic approach to the emergency feline patient. After all, feline emergencies are challenging, often reflecting their relatively unique physiologic responses to life-threatening conditions.
In this lecture, Dr. Drobatz will cover numerous short topics that are pertinent to feline emergencies including but not limited to:
· Using caudal epidurals for pain relief in cats with urethral obstruction
· The type of fluid to use in critically ill cats with urethral obstruction
· Using lactate to evaluate perfusion in cats
· Using cardiac biomarkers for cats presenting in respiratory distress
· Inducing emesis safely in cats
· Utilizing pulse palpation in evaluating perfusion and blood pressure in cats presenting with an emergency.
So, brush up on your feline emergencies and sign up now!
Topic: Pearls in Feline Emergency Medicine
Speaker: Kenneth Drobatz, MS, DACVIM, DACVECC
Date: Delivered: Thursday, March 3, 2016
Time: 7-8:30pm EST (6-7:30pm CST)
Program #: 785-37490
Total RACE-approved hours: 1.5
Free for ELITE members; otherwise $30/1.5 hour webinar
Not a VETgirl member? VETgirl members receive 100+ hours of RACE-approved, online veterinary CE/year ($249). That way, you know that you have flexibility to view any of our webinars and listen to our podcasts when you have time.
- Not yet a VETgirl member? Use the button below to join VETgirl and start learning...on-the-run!
Upgrade your trial account
- Already a trial member? Click the button below for an easy account upgrade!
For time zone help, click here.
Questions? You can always contact us via our Contact Us page.
RACE-CE provider name: VETgirl, LLC
RACE Provider #: 785
RACE Program #: 37490
This program has been approved for continuing education credit in jurisdictions which recognize AAVSB RACE approval; however participants should be aware that some boards have limitations on the number of hours accepted in certain categories and/or restrictions on certain methods of delivery of continuing education. Call VETgirl (858.859.1838) for further questions.
Please contact the AAVSB RACE program if you have any comments/concerns regarding this program’s validity or relevancy to the veterinary profession.