Just had a dog eat a green block of rodenticide? Before reaching for that bottle of Vitamin K1, stop!
Due to new EPA mandates (effective 2011), the prevalence of anticoagulant rodenticides (ACR) on the market will decrease. Veterinary professionals MUST be aware that they will be seeing different types of mouse and rat poisonings as a result. There are several types of rodenticides with different mechanisms of action, toxic effects, and clinical signs. These other rodenticides include bromethalin, phosphides, and cholecalciferol... none of which you treat with Vitamin K!
This 2-hour, RACE-approved webinar will tell you how to diagnose, stabilize, and ultimately treat the patient that presents following rodenticide toxicosis.
Title: Management and treatment of rodenticide toxicosis
Date: Presented on Monday, October 21, 2013 from 7– 9 pm EST (6 – 8 pm CST; 5 – 7 pm MST; 4 - 6 pm PST).
Speakers: Justine A. Lee, DVM, DACVECC, DABT and Garret Pachtinger, VMD, DACVECC
Hours: 2 hours of RACE-approved CE
Not a VETgirl member? VETgirl members receive 100+ hours of RACE-approved, online veterinary CE/year ($249). That way, you know that you have flexibility to view any of our webinars and listen to our podcasts when you have time.
Not yet a VETgirl member? Use the button below to join VETgirl and start learning...on-the-run!
Upgrade your trial account
Already a trial member? Click the button below for an easy account upgrade!
You've asked for it and we listened! VETgirl
is excited to offer on-demand webinar access!! If you are unable to attend the webinar live, and you are not yet a VETgirl ELITE member
to access our webinar archives at any time, you can watch the desired webinar when it's convenient for you. On-demand webinars allow you to hear the instructor’s lecture, see the presentation, and learn on YOUR time. This offer is for individual
use only, not to be used for group viewing.
* Purchase ($40/2 hours CE) will provide a 24 hour rental license for non-interactive, passive online continuing education.
* This is not refundable or transferrable. Again, this is for individual use only, and not for group viewing.
* Once you view the webinar, please email email@example.com to verify you have completed the webinar.
* We will then verify your payment and completion of the webinar and send you an email link to take the CE credit quiz.
* RACE standards require an 80% quiz passing rate. Once the quiz is completed and graded you will receive an email with your CE Certificate.
* If 80% is not achieved, you will be notified and allowed to repeat the quiz as needed.
* If you have additional questions about our On-Demand webinars, please check out our FAQ Page HERE.