Dr. Patty Khuly, VMD, MBA wrote a fantastic blog on “16 simple stress hacks for vets.” After all, we have a high stress, emotionally draining job. So, here, some great hints from this media-marketing-veterinary guru.
1. Stretch. Here, a great TED talk.
2. Get in earlier or leave later so you can schedule a longer mid-day break.
3. Take a quick break outside the office.
4. Breathe deeply.
5. Push-ups, jumping jacks and other simple calisthenics. Here, a 7-minute workout.
6. Practice the five-finger gratitude hack.
7. Apologize early and often.
8. Read something else.
10. Commit yourself to a travel date and destination. Come to Fiji with me.
11. Eat something you never do – right now!
12. Modify your work style.
13. Put on your earphones.
14. Change your soundtrack.
15. Spruce up your indoor scenery.
16. Get back to your roots.
VETgirl, a subscription-based podcast & webinar service offering online veterinary continuing education, cares about your mental health! What hints do you have for stress-relief?