VETgirl® Website Terms and Conditions
1. License. We grant you a nonexclusive nontransferable license to use the Sites and the services therein subject to the terms hereof for a period beginning on the date of acceptance of these Terms and Conditions and ending on the earlier of: (a) the date we notify you of our termination of these Terms and Conditions; or (b) the date you notify us of your termination of these Terms and Conditions. It is your responsibility to properly protect your login information, including your username and password, from use by third parties. Licenses for viewing any Continuing Education (“CE”) program and listening to podcasts will be subject to the terms of the applicable subscription or one-time purchase. You may use the Sites and VETgirl Content (as defined below, see Section 6) for your noncommercial personal use and for no other purpose. Sharing of accounts is against the TOS and subject to immediate cancellation of account without refund. Individual accounts are for that individual only. TEAM VETgirl accounts, while cost-effective, are also for individual use only. When creating a team account, each individual within that team is provided with an individual account for website access which can not be shared nor transferred to another individual.
2. License Restrictions. Unless otherwise expressly stated in these Terms and Conditions or you receive VETgirl’s prior written consent, you may not modify, translate, create derivative works of, copy, distribute, market, display, remove or alter any proprietary notices or labels from, lease, sell, sublicense, clone, transfer, decompile, reverse engineer, or incorporate into any information retrieval system (electronic or mechanical), the Sites, any VETgirl Content (as defined below, Section 6), or any portion thereof. Further, you may not: (a) use the Sites for any unauthorized or illegal purpose or activity including, but not limited to, any activity to obtain or attempt to obtain unauthorized access to the Sites, including VETgirl Content; (b) interfere with the proper working of the Sites including, but not limited to, the transmission of any virus, worm, trap door, back door, timer, clock, Trojan horse, denial of service attack or other limiting routine, instruction or design; or (c) interfere with any other person’s use and enjoyment of the Sites.
5. User Obligations. As a precondition to use the Sites, you warrant and guarantee that you will abide by, without limitation, all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations with respect to your use of the Sites and not interfere with the use and enjoyment of the Sites by other users or interfere with VETgirl’s operation and management of the Sites. You unconditionally agree that you will not use the Sites to upload, download, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content, including through any attachments thereto:
(a) that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
(b) that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as, but not limited to, inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
(c) that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
(d) any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials or spam;
(e) any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; and
(f) that may intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law.
6. Trademarks and Copyrights: Content. The Content of the Sites includes, without limitation,
(a) VETgirl’s trademarks, service marks, logos, brands, and brand names, trade dress and trade names and other distinctive identification (collectively “VETgirl Marks”);
(b) information, data, materials, interfaces, computer code, databases, products, services, software applications and tools, text, images, and photographs; and
(c) the design, structure, selection, compilation, assembly, coordination, expression, functionalities, applications, look and feel, and arrangement of any content contained in or available through the Sites (the items identified in subsections (a) (b) and (c) shall be collectively referred to herein as “VETgirl Content” or “Content”).
VETgirl Content is the property of VETgirl, its licensors, sponsors, partners, advertisers, content providers or other third parties and is protected by law. The reproduction, transmission, distribution, sale, publication, broadcast, circulation or dissemination of any VETgirl Content by you, or by you through any other person or entity, is strictly prohibited and unlawful unless express written consent is separately obtained from the owner of such Content. You may not alter, delete, obscure or conceal any copyright or other notices appearing in any VETgirl Content.
7. No Reproduction or Resale. You are not authorized to use any intellectual property owned by VETgirl for resale to any other person or entity. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any intellectual property, information, software, products, or services obtained from the Sites. You may, however, stream or download, where specifically permitted, podcasts, videos and/or related materials from the Sites for your personal, educational, non-commercial use only, provided you keep intact all copyright, trademark, and other proprietary notices.
8. No Unlawful, Prohibited, or Reckless Use. As a condition of your use of the Sites and the services and products therein, you warrant to VETgirl that you will not use the Sites for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms and Conditions. You may not use the Sites in any manner that could jeopardize your safety or the safety of others, including texting, streaming, e-mailing, or using the Sites while driving, running, or participating in other activities that require your attention to safety.
9. Notification of Claimed Copyright Infringement. Pursuant to 17 U.S.C. Section 512(c)(2) of the Copyright Act, VETgirl designates the following individual as its agent for receipt of notifications of claimed copyright infringement:
Name: Dr. Garret Pachtinger
Title: Program Director, Educational Services
Phone Number: 858-859-1838
Address available upon request
10. Third Party Information, Advertisements and Websites: Exclusion of Liability. Use of the Internet and the Sites is solely at your risk and is subject to, without limitation, all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations. Unless expressly required by law, VETgirl does not and cannot guarantee the confidentiality or security of any communication or other material transmitted to or from the Sites over the Internet or other communication networks. The Sites may contain advertisements, but the inclusion of advertisements on the Sites does not imply endorsement of the advertised products or services. VETgirl shall not be responsible for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the presence of such advertisements on the Sites. The Sites also may feature materials, information, products, and services provided by third parties. Any such information, including but not limited to articles, opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information made available by third parties such as content providers and other users of the Sites are those of the respective third party and not of VETgirl or its affiliates. VETgirl makes no representation with respect to, nor does it guarantee or endorse, the quality, non-infringement, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, or reliability of such third-party materials, information, services or products. Please note that some of the links listed on this site may contain affiliate links.
11. Indemnification. If anyone brings a claim or threatened claim against VETgirl arising out of your actions or use of the Sites or the services and products therein, or anyone else’s use thereof through your account, you agree to indemnify and hold VETgirl, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, managers, officers, agents, independent contractors, and employees harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorney’s fees and costs at arbitration, through trial or on appeal, in addition to all other sums provided by law.
12. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. THE SITES, INCLUDING SERVICES AND PRODUCTS ON THE SITES, ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. YOUR USE OF THE SITES, INCLUDING ITS SERVICES AND PRODUCTS, IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. VETGIRL DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES regarding the accuracy, safety, and/or completeness of the information contained IN THE SITES. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, VETGIRL DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT. WHILE WE TAKE REASONABLE PRECAUTIONS AGAINST INFECTION OF THE SITES BY MALWARE, WE CANNOT GUARANTEE THERE WILL BE NO SUCH INFECTION. NOR CAN WE GUARANTEE THAT THE SITES WILL BE PROVIDED IN A MANNER THAT IS UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES; THEREFORE, THE ABOVE-REFERENCED EXCLUSION IS INAPPLICABLE IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS. The SITES AND THE SERVICES AND PRODUCTS THEREIN are intended for THE EDUCATION OF veterinary professionals only and are not intended to be a substitute for professional veterinary advice, diagnosis, or treatment. These materials are intended to provide information for educational purposes only AND ARE THE INTERPRETATIONS OF VETGIRL AND/OR ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, MANAGERS, EMPLOYEES, INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS, AND AGENTS. You should not rely on information from The SITES AND THE SERVICES AND PRODUCTS THEREIN in place of PEFORMING YOUR OWN MEDICAL RESEARCH, VERIFYING ALL INFORMATION AGAINST VETERINARY LITERATURE, AND/OR seeking professional advice and assistance. YOU are responsible for confirming all medical information such as drug doses and medical accuracy against veterinary literature as needed.
13. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE SITES WILL ALWAYS BE SAFE, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT THE SITES WILL ALWAYS FUNCTION WITHOUT DISRUPTIONS, DELAYS OR IMPERFECTIONS. VETGIRL IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE US, OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, MANAGERS, EMPLOYEES, INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS, AND AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES. IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE §1542, WHICH SAYS: A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OR THE SITES, EVEN IF YOU HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOU AGREE THAT OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, THE SITES AND YOUR USE OF THEM, OR THE SERVICES AND PRODUCTS THEREIN WILL NOT EXCEED THE GREATER OF ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($269) OR THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID US IN THE PAST TWELVE (12) MONTHS. Any claims arising in connection with your use of the SITESAND any Content THEREIN must be brought within one (1) year of the date of the event giving rise to such action occurred. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH CASES, VETGIRL’S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SITES AND ANY VETGIRL SERVICES AND PRODUCTS.
14. Termination. VETgirl may terminate your account, and remove and discard any of your content, at any time without notice, for any reason. We will not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your access to the Sites. You may also delete or disable your account at any time.
15. Choice of Law and Exclusive Venue. You agree that all disputes arising under or related to your use or access of the Sites, the products and services offered therein, and these Terms and Conditions shall be brought solely in the federal and state courts situated in the County of Hillsborough, State of Florida. You consent to personal jurisdiction and venue in the federal and state courts situated in the County of Hillsborough, State of Florida. The validity, interpretation, construction, performance, enforcement, remedies, and the rights and obligations of the parties to the Sites, the products and services offered therein, and these Terms and Conditions, shall be governed and construed by the substantive laws of the State of Florida (without regard to the conflict of laws rules or statutes of Florida or any other jurisdiction that might result in the application of other law).
17. Modifications and Amendments. VETgirl reserves the right, at any time, to modify or amend the Terms and Conditions without prior notice to you. Modifications and/or amendments are effective immediately upon being posted on the Sites. Your continued use of the Sites and the services and products therein after any modifications or amendments are posted constitutes your acceptance of the modifications or amendments. Except as provided in this paragraph, these Terms and Conditions may not be amended except by agreement in writing signed by the party against whom enforcement of the amendment is sought.
18. Waiver. VETgirl’s failure to exercise or enforce any term in these Terms and Conditions will not constitute a waiver of such term.
19. Severability. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is declared to be invalid, unenforceable, or void by a court of competent jurisdiction, such provision will be deemed stricken, and the Terms and Conditions will be reformed to replace that provision with a valid and enforceable provision which comes as close as possible to expressing the intention of the stricken provision. The remainder of the Terms and Conditions shall have the same force and effect as if such provision had never been included.
20. Attorney’s Fees. In the event that any action, suit or legal proceeding is initiated or brought to enforce any or all of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions, you agree that VETgirl shall be entitled, in addition to any other remedies provided by law or equity, to collect from you, and you agree to pay VETgirl its costs and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, costs, disbursements, photocopy charges, witness fees, subpoena fees, expert witness fees, computerized legal research fees, computer forensics consulting fees, and all other expenses incurred by VETgirl, including those on appeal and in connection with the enforcement or collection of any order, award, or judgment against you, to the extent that VETgirl prevails (in whole or part) in such legal proceeding.
21. Assignability. The rights, responsibilities, or obligations granted or assumed with respect to these Terms and Conditions and any subscription or CE purchased by you through the Sites may not be assigned by you, in whole or in part, without first obtaining VETgirl’s written consent.
22. Rule of Construction. It is expressly agreed by the parties to these Terms and Conditions that the rule of construction that a document should be more strictly interpreted against the person who drafted it shall not apply to any provision.
23. Use of Websites and Content outside of the United States. VETgirl makes no claims regarding access or use of the Sites or the VETgirl Content outside of the United States. If you use or access the Sites or the VETgirl Content outside of the United States, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with the laws of your jurisdiction as well as these Terms and Conditions.
24. Continuing Education Programs. All CE programs offered on the VETgirl website are certified by the Registry of Approved Continuing Education (“RACE”). VETgirl cannot guarantee your satisfactory completion of any CE course or that you will be granted CE credit for having completed a course. It is your responsibility to verify and track its CE completion status and eligibility for credit. Typically, a certificate for completion of CE programs will be provided to you if you attended a live, interactive CE webinar for the complete duration of the webinar or (a) successfully complete an online quiz for each CE program (with a score of at least 80% correct); and (b) certify that you are the person who actually took the quiz.
25. Verification of Medical Information and Course Qualification. It is your responsibility to verify that any CE course completed through the Sites qualifies for CE credit in your state. While we believe that the information contained in the Sites and any CE course offered through the Sites is accurate at the time it is posted to the Sites, there are frequently new scientific discoveries and changes to accepted veterinary practices. Likewise, the some of the Content may be the expressed scientific and medical opinion of the speaker. It is your responsibility to verify that the information provided is still accurate and up-to-date. We make no guarantee that your use of the information or techniques contained in or demonstrated in any CE course offered through the Sites will be successful. Further, reviewing of CE program materials is not a substitute for all aspects of in-person training, where the trainer is able to evaluate your skills in using the techniques demonstrated. You are responsible for confirming all medical information such as drug doses and medical accuracy against veterinary literature as needed.
26. Social Media. VETgirl may provide opportunities for user interaction within its Sites and social media profiles on sites such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and various blogging sites. On those social media profiles, content and links to other Internet sites should not be construed as an endorsement of the organizations, entities, views or content contained therein. VETgirl is not responsible for content or links posted by others. Also note that any links on our website do not imply any sort of endorsement. Please note that you are using these links at your own risk.
27. User-Generated Content. By contributing user-generated Content to any of the Sites or social media profiles, you acknowledge that this information is available to the public and grant VETgirl a nonexclusive license to display, reproduce, transmit, modify such user-generated Content and that VETgirl may use the user-generated Content for internal and external marketing purposes. You are solely responsible for the user-generated Content you submit. VETgirl retains the right to remove any Content from the Sites for any reason.
28. Membership Renewal Our continuous service program takes all the hassle out of renewing your subscription. It avoids service interruption by automatically renewing your subscription at the best available rate. Your renewal will guarantee uninterrupted service until the new expiration date of your renewed subscription. If the user would like to cancel their renewal, they must do so within their account dashboard. Please review our help center page here for more information.
© 2021 VETgirl. All rights reserved.
This document was last updated on May 17, 2021.
Instead of the tote, I highly recommend a Sarah Wells breast pump bag…stylish, trendy, fits all major pump brands, and has an insulated side pocket to bring home liquid gold. It’s big enough to fit your lunch and even a laptop! Also equally helpful is a Pumparoo – storage pouch for parts with a food grade lining. You can store your pump parts in between sessions in the bag, and no one at work will be the wiser, unless you tell them!
Sanitizing wipes! Drs desks are nasty!
Thank you for this great list! Pinning everything!
Might I add Medela sterilization bags, milk bags, and munchkin bottle drying rack. If you are the husband, while assisting your wife, DO NOT SPILL ANY BREASTMILK!!!! This is especially hazardous during the first 4-5 weeks. When assisting your wife, transfer from bottle to bags while she is napping or pumping. When she tells you how to pour it, DO IT THAT WAY! Do not be logical, do not explain why your method works better, just do it. Good luck and God speed!!
Written by dad of 5 week old daughter
Congrats dad! The first 4-12 weeks are SUPER hard, but you’re doing great. But don’t spill the liquid gold, haha. 🙂
I would agree with your top 10 Justine but I would also add the mamaroo swing by 4moms. As a veterinarian & practice owner, the swing works wonders for me when I need my hands free. (I have one at home and one at the office- can you tell how much of a “mat leave” I am on, haha!). The swing mimics our normal rocking motions rather than the back and forth of a playground swing so both my babies loved it. Also it has a built in “white noise” machine you can turn on at the bottom as well as a smart phone plug in if you want to play them your own music or lullabies. This item was a MUST for me and well worth the investment!
I’m currently expecting and updated my Amazon baby registry as I read. THANK YOU!
Yeah – huge congrats!!! :)( So happy for you!
Omg. James. His hair. His SHIRT. That is the most precious thing I’ve seen. I’m 46, almost 47. Never had the chance to have kids – part infertility, part divorce, part not thinking it was fair to be single mom and deny a kid a dad….. I will live vicariously through you, and my nieces and nephews.
Thank you!! 🙂 Yes, I was living vicariously through my nieces and nephews also (I was working on the “Best Aunt Ever!” award). Go you!
What a pathetic alternative to the woman who dedicated her life to her child or children recognizing NOTHING replaces the quality and quantity of time a child can gain by having their mother focused on them.
Um, excuse me? If you’re assuming that female veterinarians should be staying home taking care of their children full-time, we’re going to beg to differ. I’m all for quality and quantity time with my child, and do joyfully provide that as a part-time-stay at home mom. Likewise, fathers should be spending quality and quantity time with their children too.
All of us veterinarians are in our own unique situations. Do you think you are in a position to call your colleagues pathetic for working and having children? I for one work full time because I am the sole bread winner and caretaker for my children and not by choice. It is not appropriate for any of us the hurl judgement at each other. Rather we should support and learn from one another to make our industry better.
Amen. Thanks Dr. Miltenberger!
This post was offered to be supportive and helpful to working mothers in our field. The world would be a better place if you spent your time trying to do the same instead of tearing down colleagues you know nothing about. How dare you?!
Freemies handsfree pump parts are amazing! Also put pump parts on ziplock bag and in fridge between pumps so you only have to wash every 24 hours!!
Almonds were a great snack too, and they help with milk production supposedly! And books nearby to read to the four year old! Lol
I was able to get my breast pump a few months before my due date, and when I changed insurances several months after having my baby, was able to order a second one with no questions asked. And for what it’s worth, I have both the Medela pump in style and the Spectra 2- the Spectra is hands down a much better, more comfortable pump!
Thanks for the feedback – I have since heard that too, so Spectra may be the way to go! 🙂
Although not approved for safe sleep, the Fisher-Price Rock ‘n Play, was amazing with its vibrate function. My son would instantly fall asleep in it within minutes, so soundly that I could be in the room doing things and he wouldn’t wake up. They even make one with an auto rocking feature you can control with your phone!
Hi! Total game changer for me as a new mom and criticalist was the Willow breast pump which released last year. I got a Spectra from my insurance company for use at home, and the Willow for use at work. This eliminated having to lug a huge pump back and forth every day which is AMAZING. And the Willow is cord free and fits under my scrubs discreetly, so I have literally been able to PERFORM CPR WHILE PUMPING!!!! Complete game changer. I can walk all around the hospital, run to the OR if a patient is crashing, type records, place an art line- all while pumping. IT was slightly expensive (it isn’t covered by insurance yet) but SO worth it! There are only two parts to wash and I store those in my Pumparoo bag in my office fridge at work and wash them at the end of the day. Piece of cake.
Pingback: Top 10 TODDLER items you need as a working mom and veterinarian VETgirl Vet Blog